A Journey to Regret

The journey started when I finished my PMR Examination on  December 2013. I was doing nothing at home after the exam so my dad persuaded  me to go on a vacay to Kemaman, Terrenganu, where my brother was studying. He was doing his Diploma in Nautical Studies at Ranaco Education & Training Institute. So I was so excited to be there and to be even more exciting, my dad agreed to allow my friend to tag along.
 








                                      So I called up my best friend. We went there for 3 days and 2 nights. It was raining heavily the first day we arrived. We had to stay in my brother's hostel for the first day. We planned to go to the beach but it was raining. We spent the rest of the day in the room. As we woke up the next day, it was still raining. We were upset as we could not go to the beach. We went out to have lunch and was window shopping in a mall. We came back home in the evening as it started raining heavily. We slept happily hoping that the rain would stop the next morning and we could go to the beach. The next MORNING I woke up in horror as the place were flooded. We had no electricity and enough money with us. We could not withdraw any money as there was no electricity. We were starving and my brother managed to cook the bits and pieces he had in the kitchen. He made sardine and fried egg for us which was enough to keep us running for the next few hours. We had to pluck mangoes from trees to keep us boosted. We had no line connection to contact our parents back at home too. We were stressed and homesicked. We wanted to go back home. Though it was a bad experience, I managed to learn a lot of survival skills and to be independent.

Comments

Popular Posts